All consignments are on hold during our transition to Kensington. Have questions about your consigment or account please email email@example.com
Consignments are accepted:
- During business hours Monday through Friday 12 -5 PM or by appointment
- By appointment any other day (just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We can arrange pick-ups as schedule permits for $25.00 fee
What types of clothes do we consign?
- Lightly worn clothes, that are freshly dry cleaned, on a hanger (they will be returned to you, and have no signs of wear, pulls, stains, wrinkles or odors (smoke/pet free home).
- Cloths are accepted in season…We are now accepting SPRING
- We “prefer” designer and top label wear.
- Clothes cannot be accepted in plastic shopping bags- paper shopping bags are fine
- Designer accessories must have documentation to command designer level-prices and to comply with federal and state law of not selling counterfeit items.
- Brands we LOVE….Louis Vuitton, Ferragamo, Prada., Tiffany & Co., Brooks Brothers, and more…
On The Purple Couch accepts beautiful:
- Women & men’s designer clothing
- lightly worn designer women’s and mens shoes
- Designer scarves, belts, ties & accessories
- Vintage or incredible jewelry, cufflinks, handbags & murses (men’s purses)
- On occasion antiques, vintage furniture & unique home furnishings
- On occasion art, sculpture & architectural elements and china, crystal & silver
On The Purple Couch is responsible for all pricing
- Please let us know if you know the retail price
- Most items will be priced at 25-50% of the original price depending on brand, style, age, condition, demand and availability
- Periodic sales and promotions will affect the final sale price
What is the consignment split?
- All items will be split 40 % with the consignor. 50 % if you choose store credit as a payout option.
- The consignment period is: 60 days for clothing & shoes and 90 days for everything else. Items will be discounted after 30 days. The consignment period begins when items are on the floor.
- After the consignment period is over and items have not been sold or picked up items or their sale will be donated to a charity organization: Tigerlily Foundation, a foundation working to support women under forty who have been diagnosed with cancer. http://www.tigerlilyfoundation.org/ is our charity of choice.
- If we decide not to accept your items we can donate them to Pennyworth Thrift Store (we will drop them off for you & give you a receipt for your taxes) if you wish.
We reserve the right to refuse any item
- Checks for sold items will be available at the store after the 15th of each month for items sold during the previous month
- Consignors will need to sign a consignment agreement agreeing to the terms.
- Consignors need to be owners of the merchandise and have authorization to sell them.
- There is a consignors fee of $10.00 annually paid at the time of consignment
If you have any additional questions please feel free to call the store at 301.565.0010 or contact us via email at email@example.com