“Using our Powers for Good“~ Bahia Akerele, owner On the Purple Couch
This is a guiding principle for On the Purple Couch, LLC. Bahia comes from a social welfare and social justice background and although today finds herself on the business side of things, the importance of supporting charities and causes are evermore paramount.
So how are we using our Powers?…
- We have selected Tigerlily Foundation as our charity of choice. We have made an annual financial commitment in support of their work with breast cancer survivors under the age of 40. Join us by checking out their website www.tigerlilyfoundation.org.
- Since we moved to Kensington a few years ago we have been working very closely with A Wider Circle. We are very proud to support this charity who have made their services open to families who are in transition.
- We also support Community Forklift a non profit surplus organization outside of Washington DC. We do several free workshops/demos at their site for the community.
- We support local efforts and are always looking for partnerships. Want to work with us to support you charity? Contact us at bahia at onthepurplecouch dot com.
- We have also supported the Heart of Tabitha Foundation, a local foundation started by a young lady Jazmyn McKoy to support young girls in Montgomery County.